Babies to Boomers is here to help you find safe, loving, and professional in-home care providers for your loved ones! We can save you countless hours of research and paperwork, and will provide you with everything you need to know about hiring a nanny or elder care companion.
All of our caregivers have been through an intensive screening process and have met the following requirements:
- At least two years related experience, or professional training
- 18 years or older
- High school graduate (most have secondary education)
- Personal interviews
- Reference checks
- Criminal, sexual offender, and DMV background checks
- Have undergone CPR and First Aid training
In addition, your loved ones will benefit from the personal attention they will receive from their caregiver.
- Infants and children who are cared for in a safe and familiar environment by a warm, responsive adult, will reap the intellectual and social benefits that are necessary for healthy development.
- An elder care companion will make it possible for your loved one to maintain his/her independence, by providing physical, emotional, and social support from the comforts of his/her own home.
Step 1: Initial Paperwork and Family Meeting
- Complete Family Application Form: Please be as detailed as possible so that Babies to Boomers may send you candidates who meet your specific needs and requirements.
- Review and Sign Babies to Boomers Service Agreement: It is important that you understand the Babies to Boomers Service Agreement. We are here to help you with any questions you may have.
- Submit Babies to Boomers Completed Paperwork and Application Fee: $150 for live-out, $200 for live-in. The application fee will go towards the final placement fee.
- Meet with a Babies to Boomers Representative: We feel it is important that we meet you in person before we begin our search. We will discuss your caregiver needs, and application, as well as our procedures. We will also review with you information on becoming a household employer, including interviewing, tax considerations, salary and benefits, and employment contracts. We will offer guidance on how to maintain a lasting and positive relationship with your employee.
Step 2: Babies to Boomers Caregiver Search
- Babies to Boomers Will Recruit and Advertise to Find You a Nanny/Eldercare Companion: Babies to Boomers will personally interview all candidates.
- Babies to Boomers Will Provide You with Candidate Portfolios: Please review information as soon as possible, and contact candidates to arrange interviews. Good caregivers are in large demand. If you ‘sit’ on a file, you may lose out on an amazing caregiver.
Step 3: Selecting and Hiring
- Interview Candidates in Your Home: Babies to Boomers will provide you with interview questions to help you through the process. Interview when your entire family is present. If you are interested in a candidate, let her know. Schedule a second meeting for the candidate to spend some time with your child(ren) or the person she will be caring for.
- Make an Offer to a Candidate.
- Negotiate Salary and Benefits: For nannies, most offers will include a salary between $450 and $800 per week for full-time and an hourly rate of $12 - $20 per hour for part-time, a percentage of, or full, health benefits, at least one week's paid vacation, 3 to 5 paid sick days, and major holidays off with pay. For elder care companions, most offers will include a salary between $600 and $1000 per week for full-time, and an hourly rate of $15 - $25 per hour for part-time, a percentage of, or full, health benefits, at least one week's paid vacation, 3 to 5 paid sick days, and major holidays off with pay.
- Complete Employment Contract: Babies to Boomers will provide you with a contract for your use.
- Referral Fee and Contract to Babies to Boomers: Once you and your nanny/elder care companion have signed the agreement, please forward it to Babies to Boomers. Your replacement options are contingent on our having a copy of this agreement. Payment and contract must be delivered to Babies to Boomers before your caregiver may begin. See placement fees below.
The entire process may take between 2 and 8 weeks depending on your location and the specifics of your position. You are not obligated to hire any caregiver sent to you.
The first ten weeks (2 weeks for summer/short term) is considered a probationary period. During this time, if the caregiver or the family is dissatisfied, Babies to Boomers will perform a second search for free. Between ten weeks and six months, the referral fee is fifty percent of the original fee.
|Live-In Placement: 15% of Nanny’s 1st Year Gross Salary or Minimum of $2,000, Whichever is Greater||*6 months or more
|Full-Time Live-Out: 10% of Nanny’s 1st Year Gross Salary or Minimum of $2,000, Whichever is Greater||*30+ hours for 6 months or more
|Part-Time: 10% of Nanny’s 1st Year Gross Salary or Minimum of $1,500, Whichever is Greater||*under 30 hours for 6 months or more
*less than 10 hrs see regular sitter fee below
|Summer/Short-Term Caregiver: $500||*under 6 months
|Regular Sitter: $500||*10 hrs or less per week
|*Nanny Shares: 20% Discount to Each Family||
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
If you would like nanny services, please fill out our Application for Nanny Services.
If you would like elder care services, please fill out our Application for Elder Care Services.